LAST MODIFIED: 1st JULY 2021
Dear Valued Customer,
1. The Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”) came into full effect on the 1st July 2021.
2. POPIA aims to promote the protection of personal information and regulates how public and private bodies handle your personal information.
3. As a consequence of our existing and ongoing business relationship with you, you provide us with certain of your personal information for the specific business purposes agreed between us.
4. We take the security of your personal information very seriously and we will do all things reasonable and necessary to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
5. We have a legal obligation to apply due care to the management of your personal information, in particular in relation to the collection, processing, storage and subsequent destroying of your personal information.
9. If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator and your complaint will then be dealt with by an adjudicator.
10. If you are still dissatisfied with the determination of the adjudicator, you may approach the Information Regulator for another ruling.
ESSILOR SOUTH AFRICA PROPRIETARY LIMITED