Condition in which the eyes become tired from excessive or intense use
WHAT IS EYE STRAIN?
Eye Strain is a condition in which the eyes become tired from excessive or intense use. Much like the muscles in your body, your eyes can also get tired and feel fatigued, which may cause you to experience physical eye discomfort.
Many people suffer physical eye discomfort after screen use for longer than two hours at a time, also known as digital eye strain. According to the Vision Council, more than 87% of Americans report using digital devices for more than two hours per day.
Symptoms of eye strain may include:
- Dry, tired, burning or irritated eyes
- Blurred or double vision
- Shoulder, neck or back pain
- Increased sensitivity to light
HOW CAN YOU REDUCE YOUR EXPOSURE TO HEV BLUE LIGHT?
Optical and electronic companies have created lenses, coatings, screen covers and software that reduce Blue-violet light emissions. Eyeglass lenses are also available with Blue-violet light-filtering technology to reduce your exposure.
One of the KODAK Lens solutions for blue light-filtering is KODAK Total Blue™ Lens, which offers your eyes 100% protection from UV rays and filters Blue-violet Light. While filtering Blue-violet Light, KODAK Total Blue™ Lens allows low energy blue light, which is essential for true color perception and essential sleep cycle rhythms, to pass through to the eye.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS TO HELP REDUCE YOUR RISK OF EYE STRAIN:
Use the 20-20-20 rule
- Take a 20 second break every 20 minutes to look at an object that is 20 feet away
Adjust your computer settings
- Position your computer screen at an arm’s distance for the proper viewing distance
- Adjust the brightness of your computer screen so that it is the same as the brightness of your surroundings
- Adjust the text size to better define content on your computer screen
- Reduce the color temperature of your computer screen to lower the amount of blue light emitted by the display
- Reduce overhead lighting to eliminate screen glare
- When staring at digital devices, we tend to blink less frequently – ensure that you blink often to moisten your eyes and prevent dryness and irritation
KODAK UV Light and Blue-Violet Light Filtering Lenses
Protect your eyes from UV light and filter Blue-violet light in a lens which evolves to changing light conditions.